WestbourneIT uses ‘cookies’ and similar technologies to help us improve the performance of the site and provide the best possible user experience. They allow WestbourneIT to store preferences and recognise you when you come back to the website. They also allow us to understand how you use the WestbourneIT site and services.
- Essential Cookies – Some cookies are necessary in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Functionality Cookies – Functionality cookies record information about your preferences so we can tailor the website to you. For example, WestbourneIT uses functionality cookies to store your search preferences.
- Performance Cookies – Performance cookies are used by WestbourneIT to help us to provide you with a better user experience. Information supplied by performance cookies helps us to understand how our visitors use the WestbourneIT website and services so that we can improve how we present our content to you and improve the experience.
- Third Party Cookies – Third party cookies are not set by the WestbourneIT website. Instead, they are set by another organisation (third party), for example Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics and YouTube, in accordance with Terms & Conditions you accepted when signing up to their services. WestbourneIT does not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them. They can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. For more information on these cookies, check the relevant third party website. Third party advertising cookies are used to deliver targeted advertising that is more relevant to you and your preferences. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These may also have the capability to track your browsing across different sites. The WestbourneIT website does not use Google Adsense or Doubleclick.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set or you can choose to turn off all cookies. This can be done through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Analytics: In order to monitor how our site is performing, we collect data about page visits. This information is completely anonymous – we cannot determine who it came from. When we use this data, we look at numbers of visitors overall rather than individual visits. Analytics information is used in reports and to improve our site. For example, we have used analytics data to add, remove or change features of the site based on how popular they are with users. We track, for example
- Page views
- Length of visit
- Popular times and dates
- How visitors got to the site (clicked a link, search engine)
- Which device or browser visitors used