Read this policy carefully to understand our practices relating to your personal data and how we will treat it.
Westbourne IT obtains, processes and stores personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and related EU laws, including the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC on Privacy and Electronic Communications (as amended), otherwise known as the e-Privacy Directive.
Westbourne IT is a data controller based in the Republic of Ireland and deals with the office of the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland as the Lead Supervisory Authority for regulating all data protection matters.
How does Westbourne IT collect personal information?
The following non-exhaustive methods of data collection are an indication of ways in which Westbourne IT may obtain your information:
- Obtain personal data directly from you, relating to your status as a client, a marketing prospect, a candidate for an open position within the company;
- Obtain personal data directly from you, relating to a product or service that you promote
- Personal data that Westbourne IT receives from other sources;
- CCTV images within Westbourne IT facilities are captured and stored;
- When entering Westbourne IT’s premises, your data will be recorded in the Visitor Sign-In Log for security purposes.
What we use your personal information for?
Westbourne IT collects personal data to enable the provision of services to support Westbourne IT’s purpose. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the reasons why we may collect your personal data;
- contacting you in connection with the products and services you have asked about
- providing you with information about our products and services
- responding to, progressing and managing your enquiries and requests
- assessing the credit terms, we will provide to you, including by completing credit checks with 3rd parties and from trade references you may have provided
- managing our client businesses
- managing your personal data in accordance with this privacy notices
- complying with our data protection and other legal obligations, including periodically seeking the renewal of consent for the processing of your personal information where you had previously given us your consent to do so
- contacting you in relation to a product or service that we have purchased or wish to purchase from you
- assessing your suitability for an open position within the company
- carrying out background checks in relation to an offer of employment
- We will never use your personal data in any manner that would be detrimental to you. Before using such data, we will always sure we have considered and balanced the potential impact on you
- Whenever you object to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to object to this and we will immediately discontinue our practice of doing so
- Where we use your personal information under this legal basis, we will only obtain and process data that is necessary and it will only be retained for as long as is needed
- Whenever possible we will only collect your personal information where you have given us express consent to do so and we will only use your data for the purposes for which you have consented
- Whenever you object to our processing of your personal information on the basis of consent, we will immediately discontinue processing your data and delete your contact details
At Westbourne IT, we promise that all the data you send to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with due skill and care. We will also commit to you that the data you submit is solely used in accordance with the purposes as set out in this policy.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Westbourne IT collects and processes your personal information to perform the functions/services you have requested or for the period necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests and we will only store the data for as long as is necessary to do so. Our retention schedule is also designed to comply with the various legal and regulatory rules for the retention of personal information.
Is your Personal Information stored securely?
We are committed to the protection of Personal Information submitted to us. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
While Westbourne IT takes all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information that you provide, we recognise that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the Internet. Westbourne IT accepts no liability should this occur.
What are your rights?
You have the right to make a request to Westbourne IT to:
- access your personal information;
- require us to delete it;
- rectify any personal information we hold that is incorrect; and/or
- have your personal information transmitted to another data controller.
We will use our best endeavours to guarantee that all Personal Data that you have submitted to us is maintained in a secure, accurate and up to date manner. However, it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date.
We may only refuse your request where we are legally obliged to do so. Where your request has been refused, we will provide you with reasons for this refusal. We will then hold such data for only as long as it is necessarily required by law.
If you need to contact us with regard to any of your rights as set out in this Policy, all such requests should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or made in writing to:
Data Protection Officer, Westbourne IT, Level 1, The Atrium, Blackpool Retail Park, Cork, T23 T2VY.
We use site tracking software to monitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites.
Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of search results.
When we use this data, we look at numbers of visitors overall rather than individual visits.
Analytics information is used in reports and to improve our site. For example, we have used analytics data to add, remove or change features of the site based on how popular they are with users. We track, for example:
- Page views
- Popular times
- Length of visit
- Where visitors came from
- Technical data about devices or browsers used to access the site
Site features: We track which pages you look at so we can show you similar content. As you move through the site, various pieces of information need to be stored in order for the site to function properly. For example, if you perform a search for content, the search terms you use will be remembered so that you can change them later. If you log in, we will remember which account you logged in with.
Advertising: We use data collected via cookies to help us to understand our advertising audience and design online advertising campaigns that reach only the people most likely to be interested. That includes using advertising to reach users who have taken, or not taken, a specific action on one of our websites.
Third-party links: Our websites are connected to a number of third-party services that can track usage of our site. We facilitate this connection in order to access better analytics data and design advertising campaigns that only reach interested users. This data is only ever shared anonymously, we do not share personal information with any third party via cookies. This data is shared with the following third-party companies: